BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter



Lookin sharp in my church clothes!

So excited about his basketball goal. The Easter bunny thought he was extra good this year!


Checkin out his Easter basket!







A few weeks ago at a wedding the preacher was talking about God's love for us and how he gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins. The preacher made a comment about how he had a son and can't imagine a love so great that he would give his son's life to save another. This really hit home with me and once again as Easter came and went it really made me think. God's love for us is that great and so great that at times it almost seems too great to imagine. He gave his only son for us so that we can have eternal life. As I sit and watch Austin sleep I can't imagine the sacrifice he made. Austin is my world and brings me so much joy each day that I can't and don't want to imagine losing him. It is because of God's grace that I am able to have all these wonderful experiences with him and my family. I sit here humbled by the grace of god and rejoice in the rising of jesus christ his only son. I am so thankful for so many things this Easter but of them probably mostly the experiences I get to have with my son here on earth each day. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with him so much and cherish what each day brings. I thank God for the mere opportunity to be a parent and to know a love so great that it is only understood the moment you first look into your child's eyes.

0 comments: